I'll say it now: Nintendo won this year's E3.
We had Robot Chicken Sketches in the Direct Presentation on Tuesday, we got thd e confirmation of Amiibo's for Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, and other Wii U/3DS games, Mii Fighters for Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World for the Wii U, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, the next Mainstream Zelda game, Gameplay for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, A Mario Maker where you can make your own Mario levels, Another Star Fox Game!!!, Mario Party 10, Splatoon (a new nintendo IP which actually looks really good), Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Thank god no new mainstream Mario game.
), the Confirmation of Lady Palutena for Super Smash Bros, New Final Smashes here and there, the Smash Bros Invitational (Yes, the one with the hype over Mega Man's final Smash) and finally, the Smash Bros roundtable With the Confirmation of Pac-Man. OH YES.
With Pac-Man being added to the roster in the next Smash Bros installment, People will now be able to do the Ultimate Showdown (Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man) I almost shit my pants when Pac-Man was confirmed. It was a dream come true, and it makes perfect sense that he was added since Bandai Namco is developing the game with Sakurai.
Mii Fighters are the 2nd best confirmation TBH. With the ability to customize their movesets and appearences, the possibilities are endless. You can now add Bob Ross, Goku, Vegeta, and Chuck Norris to the roster now.
I don't have much to say about Palutena. It's a good thing that she's added though, since Smash Bros honestly needs more female fighters.
Staff from Nintendo also said that there are still some unannounced characters in the roster. I'm wondering who they are, but if anything, here's who I honestly hope makes it back to the Roster in the next installment:
- Captain Falcon
- Jigglypuff (You can't have a Smash Bros game without the originals.)
- Mewtwo (Charizard and Lucario now support Mega Evolutions from X and Y, and plus Sakurai was considering him for the Roster.)
- Gannondorf (come on now, he's one of the best Zelda villians. It'd be a shame if he didn't make it in.
- Mr. Game and Watch (Just because he was shown in Pac-Man's reveal trailer doesn't mean he's added to the roster yet, but there's still hope.)
- Meta Knight (I don't give 2 shits if he was game breaking, I just want him back in. )
- Wario (Ashley from Warioware and Waluigi are Assist Trophies, so it's very possible for Fat Ass to be added in the roster.)
Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS will be launching on October 3rd 2014, with the Wii U version launching in the Winter. All Aboard the Hype Train!